Jan 18, 2015

BORN TO RUN US pressing LP variants

Various copies of this classic album with
more than half being the US pressings
Although THE RIVER is my favorite record, the greatest LP to me is always BORN TO RUN. Unfortunately, this classic album has been often mentioned as one of the all-time worst-sounding recording. Especially its muddy sound made me seeking for better sounding pressings, mostly targeting early US vinyl copies including the "Script" cover and "John" Landau misspelt copies. Anyway, I have collected this classic album over the years during which I noticed that there are several variations, even though trivial or minor, among the US vinyl copies with respect to the album credits on the double sleeve, the record labels, and of course, the matrix codes on the wax. So, I'm planning to start off this year with this topic. However, since it's busy season now in this country getting towards the end of this fiscal year (yes, here the fiscal year ends March), I'm afraid if I can keep up the blog work ...

 — To be continued.

No comments :

Post a Comment